Sunday, February 23, 2014

What Makes A Good Game?

This is a question seems to pop up in my head every now and again. What exactly DOES make a good game? Is it a score? Well, for people like me, it's hard to represent my enjoyment in a game with something like a number, so it's not that for me. Is it sales? Sorry, but I don't go to a store and think "Hey, this game sold a lot of copies, surely it'll be good." Is it brand recognition? Well, some games have a sort of stigma where you compare it to another game within the same franchise or a another game that is developed by the same company, but I try to judge a game on its own merits. I don't care if New Mario Wii plays so similar to New Mario U, if its still fun, I'm gonna play it. No, I find that for a game to be good to me are the ones that I'll go back to play again even after I've finished. Games that I enjoyed playing years ago and go back to and still enjoy. The games that are just as fun now as they were back when I first played them. Now I would like to hear from all of you, all five of you, ha ha ha (I'M SO ALONE DX). What makes a good game for you? A game that stands out among the rest? Please go to the comment section below and let your voice be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment